Checklist for Moving Office
Checklist for Moving Office: What You Need To Do
Moving’s never been easy. Changes and adjustments are made in the process. Our Checklist for Moving Office is the way to sure success in moving. So, before making your way to your new place you have to plan it accordingly. There are things you need to consider to make your move easy, fast and also smooth. In other words, less stress during move out.
Listed below are few reminders of what to do and consider while planning the move out.
- Having a floor plan for a new location
- Assign each desks a number accordingly to make the delivery easier. Note: It’s more accessible to number the desks accordingly, from central spot like a reception and working clockwise from it.
- Assign each offices with a code or a number in order for people to identify their workstations
- Ensure that the numbered floor plan will match with the staff members who is in charge of that office or desk.
- Label up with numbers the store rooms, communal spaces, and utility areas in the same order as the rest of the office.
- Cooperate with an IT crew to make sure all data, patching and communications along with power needs are set for moving day.
- Ensure you have all the access required and covered as well and confirm with the building managers
- Check if you have all details needed to access the building and also if there will be parking available for removalists
Before the move, Movin Office staff will perform the following guidelines:
- Removalists should send copies of your numbered floor plan
- Staff will should send clear instructions about the process of packing, along with a cut-off time to have their packing finished. Make sure they understand that any items that are not pack properly will be left behind and then dispose of.
- To staff – make sure they know where the new office is and how to get there, send a map of the new location so they understand how to get there, where to park, what public transport is available, etc.
The packing and preparation process
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF YOUR RELOCATION
- Unlabelled items will not be moved.
- Label all cartons with labels provided by Movin Office only.
- Labels are colour coded according to the destination at the new premises. Use ONLY the colour issued to you. If unsure please speak with your Move coordinator.
- Affix a label on the side of the carton/crate.
- Affix a label to each component of your computer including – keyboard, mouse, monitor, hard-drive, speakers, scanner, docking station, printer etc.
- If furniture items are being relocated, be sure to put the Movin’ Office label on a flat surface in a location that is easily visible.
- If moving furniture such as chairs, please place labels on the arm rest or feet (not a fabric surface).
REMEMBER – ‘NO LABEL = NO GO’
Labelling & Label Placement
Each level of each building has been assign a specific colour label. The label colour indicates to the removalist the location where items are to be place within the new building. Incorrectly use colour labels will direct your items to the wrong “to” location.
- To staff – send a map of the new location so they understand how to get there, where to park, what public transport is available, etc.
- To the removalists- make sure they have a copy of the floor plans and your key person contact details have been exchange and building / loading dock access is confirm
Pre Move (at your new location)
- Post signs for the removalists with directions to each area. For example, ‘For Numbers 300-500, turn right’.
- If you are moving desks into the space, make sure your furniture will fit in the new location and the desk returns are on the correct side etc. Use the floor plan that you have for the new locations to make sure that the furniture is label properly for the new site. Label each space with its number. Obviously, make sure you’ve measured up ahead of time to make sure everything will fit.
- If the office is already fitted out then label the desks at the new site with their location number, this will make placement on the relocation day easier for the removalists.
During the move
- Depending on the size of the move you may need to arrange to have company representatives at both locations; if there’s more than one truck working, someone needs to be at the new location to meet the first one that arrives while someone stays at the old location until the last of the trucks have completed their work to make sure nothing has been missed.
- Your staff will have to have the ability to resolve any issues that arise during the process and make decision on the go with the removalists if things don’t fit, or there is access difficulties etc.
- Make sure you have the removalists work on one area at a time, especially in a bigger building. It will ensure you can be there to provide instructions and answer questions.
- Wait until everything has been moved in before trying to connect phones and computers. This usually means waiting until the day after the move. You should aim to have all computers connected before staff return to work again.
- Before staff return, do a quick check to see that the boxes and items on peoples’ desks correspond with their allocated number.
- A nice touch is to create personalize desk labels for each staff member with their name, photo, job title and company logo and leave them on their new desks. It’s a nice surprise for staff and much more welcoming than the location numbers.
Day one in your new site
- Check the building is safe for people to enter, that any rubbish has been removed and walkways are clear.
- Be prepare to have your staff ask a lot of questions as they get settle, maybe a kit or a help desk process, you will most likely have to do an induction with staff to ensure they are fully aware of all the new facilities and building safety processes.
- If the building is big, put up signage with directions for each team to find their way around.
- Spot-check all facilities – make sure power, toilets, fridges etc are working
Look no further! You’re on the right site to help you get movin’. Contact us now at 1300 929 440 and let’s plan your move out.